We are always hiring. We would love to work with like minded, world changing , game changers. If you think you can play a part in moulding our universe through our work, please send us a shout at email@example.com and tell as your grand plan.
If you are interested in any of the openings below, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Resume. Please include your proposed remuneration. The Deadline for submission of applications is 21st July 2012 midnight CAT
Position type: 1 yr Contract
An experienced Ruby on Rails developer who has knowledge in Android development with top-notch software design and coding skills. The Individual should be more than eager in getting engaged in the mobile eco-system here in Africa, Yes, Africa.
• Architect, build and test Ruby on Rails applications with our team
• Prototype new ideas quickly to “win arguments with code”
• Find creative and elegant solutions to complex problems
• Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life
• 3+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience with at least one programming language (depth preferred to breadth)
• Experienced in Behavioral/Test Driven Development (BDD/TDD)
• Bachelors in Computer Science or any other relevant degree
• Knowledge in the whole stack of Rails (From UI to DB)
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Multi-threading experience in Android platform
• In-depth knowledge of Android UI constructs
• Self Driven able to work with no supervision
• REST programming experience with JSON
• Entrepreneur at heart.
• Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
• GIT Experience
• Can play Angry Birds with their eyes closed.
Position type: 1 yr
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
The candidate is a person who should devote his attention to business development and exploiting the business opportunities that are presented to him and his organization. Business development and making your organization successful is reliant on good knowledge of best practice and management theories.
The business development manager must have considerable sales experience, be an organized and strong negotiator, and be aware of and responsive to economic trends, government policies and currency fluctuations. A university degree in one of the commerce, accounting, economics or business administration streams may prove useful (although not necessary) for entry into the position
The business development manager works to expand a company’s product reach and profit revenues. They do this by identifying new markets and attracting new clients. The business development manager therefore researches new business opportunities, identifies likely sales points, develops strategic plans and sales strategies, and undertakes presentations to and negotiations with prospective customers.
• Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
• Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
• Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry, Network with other small businesspeople; establish a support group
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• The candidate requires BA/BS in a related discipline and/or extensive experience in a relevant field.
• Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism
• 2-3 years Experience in Selling low value, high volume commodities to business
• Good Computer skill and online collaboration capability. Must be comfortable with various online platforms for sales, marketing, collaboration, communication and social networking.
• Project management and planning of projects for tasks, resource allocation and budgeting.
• Good handle of mobile technology and mobile money technologies
• Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management
• Sales experience in financial institution, MFI, SACCO etc is added advantage.
• Passion in Micro-finance and BOP solutions for financial inclusion in Africa